안녕하세요, family and friends. Today, we’re going to read Exodus 26.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a physical copy of the Bible. You can read it on Page 2 of this blog post.
This chapter tells us about the intricacies of each structure that made up the Tabernacle, a place of worship for our ancestors. Although, this exact building may not be followed to the dot today, us Catholics do still have our Church as our place of worship.
The Church is where a lot of God’s people gather to praise Him and honour his Holy Sacraments. These Holy Sacraments are the following:
The Sacrament Baptism
- When a new-born or convert is welcomed to the faith
The Sacrament of Confirmation
- For those who have come of age under the Catholic faith, where they accept God as their saviour for themselves as they weren’t able to do so when they were baptised as a baby
The Sacrament of the Eucharist
- It is taken during Mass as acceptance of Jesus’ Holy Body and Blood which saved us from sin
The Sacrament of Penance
- Where we confess our sins, receive absolution and carry out the Penance needed for the things we’ve done or have failed to do
The Sacrament of Marriage
- This unites a man and woman in the name and presence of our God.
The Sacrament of the Holy Orders
- Is followed by those who have received their calling.
The Anointing of the Sick
- For those who are gravely ill or dying
Thus, I believe this chapter is a reminder that, as Catholics, we should honour the Church for being holy ground – by not using our phones or using the Church as a meeting place for gossip and unholy topics. But we should utilise the Church as it is a way for us to receive God’s gifts of knowledge, Sacraments and forgiveness.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.
If you like reading devotionals, I upload every day except on Sundays. On Wednesdays, I upload Life Lessons posts. Lastly, every 23rd of the month a new Turtle of the Month is live.