안녕하세요, family and friends. Today… I’m going to do my first ever blogging award post! The Liebster Award.
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award exactly a month ago, on the 25th of June. But yes I’m only posting this now because I tried to do a little bit more research as to what this award really entails. Also, I wanted to read and connect with more bloggers first so I’d have someone to nominate 😅
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. It is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others.https://theglobalaussie.com/the-liebster-award/
Jirah from WritingsbyJM, thank you so much for this nomination. I hope you get more of these yourself and keep on coming up with your artwork and poetry this year. I am truly grateful especially because I’ve just started blogging again, after a hiatus of three years.
If you’re reading this and haven’t checked out Jirah’s blog yet – you should! You won’t be disappointed.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link of their blog to your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Nominate 2-6 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about the award and notify them about it.
- You may/may not create 11 new questions for your nominees. If so, the more creative the better.
Jirah’s Questions and My Answers:
1. Describe your blogging journey in three words.
Fun. Complicated. Fulfilling.
2. What do you love most about blogging?
There are a few things I love about blogging, but most, out of the list of things I can think of… is having the freedom to let loose. I have a very vivid mind which always has a lot of fleeting ideas in it and being able to share at least some of those ideas with the world, is what I love the most about blogging. It is my refuge, after all. Somewhere I can manage my thoughts into a somewhat organised file without having to open up to a doctor (instead I’m being absolutely vulnerable in front of the screen of so many people around the world, it’s free therapy).
3. How long does it take you to compose a blog post?
It really depends what kind of blog post I’m writing. If it’s one of my devotionals, I’d say, 30 minutes to an hour. For life lessons blogs, probably around 2 hours depending on how long it is. I’m really picky with constructing my sentences.
However, for my turtle’s category, I don’t even think I’ve tried to time myself – maybe I should. But it usually takes me a week, more or less just because I do try to look for more than 2 or 3 sources for the information I put in.
4. Imagine visiting your 7- or 10-year-old self, what would be his/her advice/message to your current self?
To be honest, I wouldn’t know because at age 7 or 10 all I ever did was play online games and make slumbooks 😆
5. What’s one thing you learned during this time of quarantine?
Devote myself more in prayer to be closer to God, Jesus Christ.
6. Coffee or tea?
Tea, all the way! Lemon and ginger with a tablespoon of honey – my favourite. Yes, I said tablespoon – fight me. lol. If I was back in Year 9 to 13 though, perhaps it’d be coffee because I was heavily dependent on them at that age, but… I had to let the caffeine out of my system after I finished Year 13 because I know I can’t always rely on caffeine. I was already drinking at least 4 cups a day by that point and it was just… it was bad. So, now I can’t drink coffee without getting heart palpitations. Fun?!
7. What are the three things you are grateful for today?
For my health, my family and friend’s health, and everything in between.
8. When you are feeling down, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
I usually listen to up-beat music. I even have a playlist on Spotify, you guys can check it out if you want. I’ll post a link. If my music still doesn’t help though, I start praying. I know it’s backwards because I should practice what I preach but I’m new to the whole ‘prayer should be your first line of defence’ thing. So, baby steps.
9. What’s one habit you want to break and why?
One habit I want to break would most likely be forgetting to eat on time.
Sometimes Most times, I don’t feel hungry or my tummy doesn’t growl so I forget to eat unless I’m with friends. I’m mostly by myself these days, especially during the quarantine. I’ve started putting an alarm on my phone for mealtimes, so I don’t forget.
10. What is your dream destination?
Dream Destination ever since I can remember has always been New Zealand. It doesn’t even matter which island or what city, you can put me anywhere in NZ and I would be grateful. Although, Sweden and Austria are also starting to open my eyes up a bit to other countries.
11. What language would you like to learn?
Language. Language. I really want to get back into learning French and actually be able to hold a conversation. I took it for GCSE and got an A, but that was years and years ago, so I don’t really remember much. It’s just a shame though, I could’ve been speaking 4 languages now: Tagalog, English, Sarcasm and French – just kidding about sarcasm, I’m not that good at it.
Another language I started learning on one of my gap years was Korean and I want to be somehow fluent in that too. Actually, there are quite a few other languages I want to learn but I guess I don’t want it enough to really pursue it… yet. ;p
1. Queen Temi (Kirsten) on https://kirstenalcazar125.wixsite.com/website-1
2. Sis Jah on https://sincerelyjah.art.blog/
3. Ate Queenie on https://thequeensights.com/
4. Sohuila (So-hey-la) on http://infertilityfighter.com/
5. Moira on https://writeintotheground.com/
6. Grislean on https://www.gemlesschosen.com/
This is my first ever nomination for a Liebster award or any type of blogging award and I had fun answering these questions. If you had fun reading and you’re one of my nominees, try answering these. If you don’t want to, it’s okay, you don’t have to do it. It is up to you.
I wanted to put my own questions in, so here they are…
1) If you were to go back in time, would you want to change anything? Why or why not?
2) Do you have a spirit animal? If so, what is it?
3) If there is only one topic in the world you could blog about, what would it be and why?
4) Can you remember the very first blog you uploaded? *attach link*
5) What are your main goals for your blog?
6) Have you ever answered the 16-personality test, if so what’s your personality? If not, check it out maybe you’d want to know, too. (just a heads up, answering this test may take up to 10-12 minutes)
7) If you were to recommend me 3 books, what would they be?
8) What is your favourite dessert?
9) What are you most afraid of?
10) How has the pandemic affected your life?
11) Can you write 5 sentences that is filled with positive things about yourself? If so, show me. 😛
Thank you again Jirah for this nomination and for thinking of me worthy of recognition. You are awesome! ❤️
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.
If you like reading devotionals, I upload every day except on Sundays. On Wednesdays, I upload Life Lessons posts. Lastly, every 23rd of the month a new Turtle of the Month is live.