Okay, so I’m not really sure if people still do these in 2021… but I got chosen for the Awesome Blogger Award last year. Somehow I never got around to actually posting my take on it.
So, since today is my birthday I’d love to tag a few fellow bloggers for this award. Although you don’t really have to participate if you don’t want to. I’m just using this to appreciate a few bloggers that I’ve loved since 2020.
This is my second ever blogging award, and I was nominated on the 6th of July 2020. Thank you, sis Jah at SincerelyJah.Art.Blog for this nomination.
If you haven’t checked out her blog, she has a pretty awesome lifestyle blog site, too. She shares her life adventures and inspires everyone with each post. Go on, check her out! <3
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tag the post with #AwesomeBloggerAward.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate at least 5 bloggers and inform them of their nomination.
- Give them 10 new set of questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
Jah’s Questions and My Answers
1. Who is your favorite cartoon character? Why?
This is a hard one because I don’t a favourite cartoon character. I do, however, have a favourite animated character, who has a non-realistic waistline and hairstyle. She might as well be a cartoon.
Megara from the 1997 Hercules film.
Truthfully, I relate a little with Meg. I mean, not the part where she sells her soul to Hades but the, I won’t say I’m in love side of her. It takes me a while to open up when it comes to romantic relationships. However, once I acknowledge it, that love can exist for a thousand lifetimes.
2. What motivates you to write a blog?
There are two motivators for me whenever I write a blog.
One is so that I can go back and read through old ideals and thought processes. As I have very fleeting ideas and a lot of them. Being able to write them down and organise it, is motivating for me.
The other is my goal of helping others through words. My journey is not just for me, it’s also for whoever is willing to join me. My keenness to have my words be an inspiration to others motivates me, too.
3. What is your dream profession?
As of right now, it is to be a successful Physiotherapist and be a thriving blogger on the side.
4. How can you describe your Ideal Man?
Well, this might be cheating but I’ll just take from an old piece I wrote about 6 years ago.
Out-going, quirky Would love to travel the world, with me. Can be crazy and loud But knows when silence is needed. No secrets and full of trust. Sees me as an inspiration, Not a distraction. Doesn’t care about distance, But focuses on love, trust, loyalty and respect. Understands me and my antics. The only guy I can talk about and say, ‘Whatever happens, he’s worth it’. There are arguments As well as differences. Someone, something may try to break the connection we have But they won’t succeed because They don’t know a thing about us. About A&T. AJ x 01/02/2014 - 08:28
5. If there is a chance to leave your country right now, would you leave or not? Why or why not?
I would. I really would. It’s not for the reasons you’d think though. Right now, I’m in the Philippines and my whole family and the friends I grew up with are all in the UK. I went back to the Philippines for reasons I’ve already disclosed on my At 18 & At 21 posts.
I am terribly missing my family and friends, as of right now. The pandemic has helped me have more time to talk to them almost every day. So, in a way that’s a good thing because on usual days, we rarely get to talk on the phone. However, I grew up from a very physically affectionate family. Hugs and cuddles all around, all the time. That is what I miss most, and I just can’t wait for this safe distancing to be over.
6. What is your best childhood memory?
This is a hard question for me, there’s a lot of amazing childhood memory still living in my brain. It’s hard for me to choose just one. I’d still write a few of the ones at the top of my head.
- The sleepovers we had with our cousins, on the rooftop. We would sleep in our made-up tent. By around 4-5 am, we would start going back to our rooms, one by one because it gets freezing out. (Philippines)
- Some of my friends and I would be by the pier up until 11 pm at night, just chilling. I was around 11 years old at this point. (Philippines)
- At 15/16 years old, I realise we were in our teens here, but I was a child. (haha) Anyway, my best friend and I would literally be in London almost every other week. We also went on adventures around Oxford and Bristol. We really don’t remember where our money came from whenever we look back on it. (UK)
- My cousins and I went to a nearby town to buy wholesale items for my auntie’s shop, without an adult. I don’t even remember exactly how old we were, but it was under 10. One of the first few times I went on adventures without any adult. (Philippines)
- My group of girlfriends would go to different clothes shop and pick out outfits for each other to try on. (UK)
7. If you could be a superhero, what will be your screen name? Why?
Nyx, after the Goddess of the Night. There’s something about that name that draws me in. I’m not entirely sure why that is either.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
New Zealand. The beautiful scenery. Fewer people. More nature. Woman Prime Minister. It just seems like such a serene place to live in, you know. I mean, look at these.
9. If your life is a movie, what would be the title? Why?
The girl and her three hearts. It’s a pretty long story and I’ll probably write about it on this blog. One of these days!
10. Why did you start your blog?
I’ve answered this question on here, About Me. You might think of me lazy but if you really think of it, it’s actually quite smart!
I hope you had fun reading more about me as I did writing these answers. Now, for my nominations:
Here are my Questions:
- What is your favourite song/album at the moment?
- What is your favourite social media site/s? Why?
- Do you use your own photos in your blogs? Why or why not?
- What are your favourite quotes? It could be inspirational or a line from a book/tv show/film.
- Do you believe in aliens?
- Choose one: Conspiracy theories or True Crime stories?
- If you were to choose one book/film genre to read for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Have you ever been nominated in other blogging awards before? Which ones?
- How do you stay on task?
- When do you think the pandemic will end?